Friday, December 6, 2013

Advent-Day-Six: AWAKE

This is what I wake up to for almost every day of the past 5 years.  Equipped by the Good Lord with some kind of feline sense of time, she invariably jumps on the bed, marches across my body in repose, peering into my face about 10 minutes before my alarm goes off.  Almost every day.  Doesn't matter when my alarm is set.  She will best it by 10 minutes.

A sweet, purry and cuddly reminder that there is at least one being in the world who depends on me (the kibble bowl don't fill itself, lady.) Invariably, as she settles in and works up her rusty purr, I am reminded that there will be others like her today.  Their demands may not be so obvious, not quite so in-your-face, they may not be so innocent or, to my mind, necessary.  But there is a great deal of good to be done in the world.  First we must be AWAKE, then we can do our part.

Are you AWAKE?
Photo: "Hey, are you AWAKE? Also, on a related note, feed me." #rethinkChristmas Advent-word-a-day
As long as you're awake I thought I'd remind you of two things:
1) I'm adorable.
2) Feed me.
















No comments:

Post a Comment